Integrating Climate Data into Farm Management - Calling Willamette Valley agriculturalists! -
Researchers at OSU Dept of Geography are recruiting farmers in the Willamette Valley to participate in a research project that will generate data to assist in making farm management decisions in response to climate variance.
Benefits of participation include:
- Obtain climate data and tools relevant to your decision-making
- Help co-create tools that reflect your knowledge and concerns
- Network with fellow agriculturalists in the Willamette Valley
- Receive a $50 gift card to Coastal Farm and Ranch Supply for participating in an interview, and another $50 gift card for participating in a focus group
If you choose to participate, the project will involve:
- An on-farm interview (approximately 1 hour, working with your schedule) between March and August 2022. This optionally includes a farm walk and crop mapping, and could be via phone or zoom if preferred.
- Meeting with other Willamette Valley farmers in a 1.5-hour focus group during the fall of 2022.
You must be over 18 and hold a decision-making role on an operating farm that sells crops or crop products. You do not need to be a farm owner to participate. For more information, click here to watch a recording of an information session hosted by the research team.
To sign up to participate, please fill out this google form, and the study team will reach out to you.
Comments are closed.