Researchers at OSU Dept of Geography are recruiting farmers in the Willamette Valley to participate in a research project that will generate data to assist in making farm management decisions in response to climate variance.
Benefits of participation include:
- Obtain climate data and tools relevant to your decision-making
- Help co-create tools that reflect your knowledge and concerns
- Network with fellow agriculturalists in the Willamette Valley
- Receive a $50 gift card to Coastal Farm and Ranch Supply for participating in an interview, and another $50 gift card for participating in a focus group
If you choose to participate, the project will involve:
- An on-farm interview (approximately 1 hour, working with your schedule) between March and August 2022. This optionally includes a farm walk and crop mapping, and could be via phone or zoom if preferred.
- Meeting with other Willamette Valley farmers in a 1.5-hour focus group during the fall of 2022.
You must be over 18 and hold a decision-making role on an operating farm that sells crops or crop products. You do not need to be a farm owner to participate. For more information, click here to watch a recording of an information session hosted by the research team.
To sign up to participate, please fill out this google form, and the study team will reach out to you.